wind: 5mph S
H 43 • L 31
No more posts
The Aston Township Fire Department is a full service fire protection and emergency medical service public safety agency serving the citizens of Aston Township, Pennsylvania. We are dedicated to the protection of the lives and property of our residents and community, and strive to deliver excellence in our commitment to quick and efficient Fire, Rescue and Emergency Medical Service response and to disseminating public safety and fire prevention education.
It’s not much of a story, just the history of the organization and the growth of the community fire company, but it speaks well for the people who live in the area homes, and especially for the would be firefighters who started the whole thing. This group of men, met in one of the basements in Green Ridge during April 1942. They felt an urgent need for some form of fire protection due to over 100 homes in this area, and plans for 250 more being considered.
In 1682 Aston was settled as a municipality and was finally incorporated as a townsh ip in 1688. Edward Carter, who was the constable of the township, changed the name from Northley to Aston in remembrance of his old home in Oxfordshire, England. In 1906, Aston became a first class township.
Along the West Branch of the Chester Creek there were many mills in the early part of the 19th century.
No more posts